Daves Outdoor World

Daves Outdoor World

Friday, September 11, 2015

Jim Shuneman Attacks Tax Payers & Volunteers?

I Dave Druen am responding to Jim Shuneman a City Council Member for Rock Falls. He says that I am,
1. Preposterous in my allegations that Rock Falls has wasted millions of dollars in tax payers money!
2. Jim Shuneman says I live in a fantasy world!
3. Jim Shuneman says that I exaggerate everything!

I say to Jim what is preposterous is your defending yourself and Rock Falls Tourism handling of the tourism money. That if it would have been invested properly instead of saving it and earning only 2% interest on the money and could  have earned upwards of 500% return back to the tax payers money.  increased the hotel tax collected yearly, increased the retail business to local businesses and helped to offset the continuing need to raise taxes on the citizens of Rock Falls and Sterling. By spending the money on Rock Falls tourism and tourist coming and spending money in Rock Falls we relieve the tax burden on businesses and citizens by more sales tax. But instead you and the City decided to save it where it earns little or nothing and promotes no one,  and can be spent where it should not be spent on a large business or developer like the hotel, Where are the signs in the area for recreation or pointing to trails and parks? I see them in other towns.
I find it preposterous that the Tourism Department and the Rock Falls City before Bill Wescott did not ask for the Audits from 2008 to 2012 per the agreement. I find it preposterous that the Rock Falls tourism thought that 600,000 in tourism money was theirs and no longer the tax payers!   WHAT!
So I am wrong as a Tax Payer and business man to ask questions, to dream and he says, I live in a hyperbowl. I ask where has Jim been living!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Rock River Times